Monday, June 1, 2015

Late Night Poetry: The Little Redhead Girl Is All Alone

 
 
The Little Redhead Girl is All Alone
A poem I wrote late in the night, inspired by my pink lamp Penelope. :)
~ Fiona


The little redhead girl is all alone.
Far in the night.
Deep in the night.
And the blue room is tiny.
The pink old lamp in the corner
Blinks
And sputters
And turns on.
“Who paints the sky blue?”
“How many tears does it take to drown?”
“What does a cloud feel like?”
“When does forever end?”
“Does the rose have a soul?”
“Do you think I am really me?”
“Can you answer me?”
The pink old lamp in the corner
Blinks
And sputters
And goes out.
Birthdays fly by
And forever ends
And the little redhead girl finds
The soul of the rose.
Now the blue room is vast
And empty
All alone
And the old lamp in the corner
Blinks
And sputters
And answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment