Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Our First Blog Post!

Hello!
Okay, so I don't have this blogging thing totally worked out... (the blog is a bit plain and patchy as of yet), but I will attempt this first blog post just for fun. :)
This is Fiona writing right now because my sister Rose is busy at photo-editing at the moment. She'll post something later. For now, here's a bit about myself...
1. I am the eldest of eight children and the daughter of wonderful and good-looking parents!
2. I love G-d and His plan for peace in the world. And I just relish studying Torah ~ Heaven's beautiful covenant with earth!

3. I love music. With a passion. Classical, Middle-Eastern, Celtic... All of it. Just not pop. Sorry, I just can't handle too much of it. This is the kind of music I just drool over!
 
And this is the kind of music I sob over!
 

If you couldn't tell, I'm a piano performer. I'm beginning my college-level studies in August and just can't wait!
But moving on...
4: I love traveling. *sings New York, New York!*
5. I love art. A lot. Especially Pre-Raphaelite art. *ahem* Because most of the models have red hair like me... *ahem* No, seriously - it's just beautiful.
 
6. I write like the wind! Yes, I am a proud lexicon, loving words with passion. With eleven novels finished, I think I could dare to say that I am a prolific writer. I published my poetry on a website called poemhunter.com, and you can find my works here... http://www.poemhunter.com/fiona-schwartzinoff/ And yes, I made up the part in my profile where it says I live in Land's End. I'm just crazy about going there.
 
As for my novel-writing... I only share my novels with close friends because I consider them my beloved rubbish. I am, however, working on publishing one of my religious allegories. (Much like Hind's Feet on High Places or Pilgrim's Progress)
Maybe I'll post some bits and pieces of my novel "The Master" - which I consider to be the one I had most fun with since it's set during the Edwardian age. Or what I call the "Titanic Times"!(My favorite time in history!) 
 
7. I dig historical/period dramas! Downton Abbey, Sense and Sensibility, Anne of Green Gables, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Great Expectations, you name it.
8. Reading. Love it.
This book, people. Need I say more?
If you haven't read it, I cyber-slap you.
9. Since we're sort of on the subject... I also love musicals. Especially these three:
 
 
 
 
 
10. I'm starting to like this blogging... :)
 

2 comments:

  1. I happy to see you started a blog! Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first post! Keep on going it only gets better, just wait until you participate in your first blog party! So excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete